Sunday, October 19, 2008

Preschool

Max started preschool a couple of weeks ago and loves it! His two teachers are the sweetest ladies, and they do such a great job. Of course, I am paying a fortune (for me at least) so I hope they do. He gets to do all sorts of things like go to chapel once a week where he learns Bible stories. They learn Spanish, do science experiments (they have lab coats for this, so cute!), and play on the very sweet playgrounds.

So happy after his first day of school.

I think he had to hold his arms up like that to keep his backpack on.

Max got to bring the "ME Box" on his second day of school. It was supposed to be pictures and other things/toys that he loved. These are the things he decided to put in his box. He was putting anything he could see in, and he would have to tell me how special everything was. He saw Tessa's binkies which she refuses to take and said, "Ohh, Tessa's binkies, these are VERY special."


This is what ended up in the box after much discussion with Max. His teacher told me he stood up in front of the class and told them about every single thing in the box. I was pretty impressed that they got him to do that.

In honor of the State Fair of Texas the kids dressed up as cowboys/cowgirls. I made this little vest for Max and told him it was like Woody from Toy Story. He loved dressing up and refused to take off a single thing the entire day of school despite the fact that it was a very hot day and they were riding bikes around outside.

On my first try making the vest the arm holes ended up the same circumference of a pencil. I definitely can't list sewing as one of my talents. Max had a cuter hat that he borrowed from his friend, Anna. I let him wear around the house, but I got nervous sending it to school so he ended up with his little 12 month hat that doesn't fit on his head.

7 comments:

Katie said...

What a cute little guy! I love his random compilation of things to show off. Have you decided to put him as a late or early kindergartner? We still haven't decided with Lydia.

Jaclyn said...

He looks absolutely adorable as a cowboy and I can't believe you made that vest so quickly. And you shouldn't have worried about the hat. Max doesn't strike me as the type to damamge the hat, but I'm happy he had fun wearing it around the house.

Sammy said...

He is such a stud!!

Talea Hollingshead said...

Max is a stud in his cowboy costume! So glad he is liking preschool.... :)

Becca said...

He makes a very cute cowboy!

Rachel Morgan said...

Cassidy I found your blog through someone elses I hope you don't mind me looking in on what you guys are doing. You have some beautiful kids. And for some reason I don't know if I remembered that you married Tyler Torres so it was a pleasant surprise to see him as well. It looks like everything is going well.
Thanks,
Rachel (Mitchell) Morgan

Katie said...

He looks so cute in his cowboy outfit. WHere did you end up sending him to preschool?