Monday, March 31, 2008

My Little Warrior

Max has an obsession right now with swords and guns. I swear, I don't know where he gets it from. Being the good mother I am, I only let him watch Peter Pan. . .and selected scenes from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. He uses tent poles, sticks, and bunny straws as swords and toy electric screwdrivers, candle lighters, and snorkels as guns. At least he uses the guns to squirt people and the swords are just meant to knock you down. I love playing swords with him though, because when you hit him he does the most dramatic fall to the ground, complete with a little roll. It is hilarious.

The balloon guy was making monkeys, dinosaurs, tigers, crowns, etc. and all Max could think about was getting a sword.
At our ward Easter activity. We were just sitting on the curb talking and Max comes in front of us and puts on this pose. He thinks he looks pretty tough.

8 comments:

Cara said...

My daughter Marin has a dress-up wand and her friend who is a little boy comes to play and he uses it as a sword every time. He pokes things, hits things, and knock things off my shelves with it. He's not even 2 yet! Boys are so different! Oh, tell Dr. Torres "hi" for me so he's not offended :)

Hafen girls story club said...

So funny... Max is obsessed with swords, and Lydi is obsessed with dressups and pretend shopping. That there explains the difference between boys and girls. We'll have to get the kids together this summer to play. I'd love to see Max's mad skills.

Annaca said...

Max really does have mad "sword" and "gun" skills. And I love how he really gets into character, he's such a crack up. He's especially effective in his fight play if he has a snorkel full of sand..that really throws off an opponent. (I think I was getting sand out of my hair for a couple of days, but that could have been due to our sweet shower:)) Plus, we're planning on moving into our house in 2 weeks!! We'll totally be ready to be neighbors.

tiffany and darren said...

Hey Cass, Darren here, ask Tyler if he wants to watch "Crouching Tiger, hear me roar!" with you one night. The pictures of Max with the swords aren't working on my computer for some reason but I think the pictures of Max in his suit might be my all-time favorites. Hope you guys enjoyed Giggs2's birthday yesterday!

Annaca said...

The pictures are working now on my computer....SO DANG CUTE! What a tough kid. I'll just say this, I wouldn't want to meet Max in a dark ally.

Kyle Peterson said...

Okay this kid is the radest kid ever. You guys are so lucky to have such a unique and interesting little boy. That is awesome. Brittany and I are holding off on having kids right now, but whenever I hear of stories about Max and his cute character, I sort of want kids. Don't tell Brittany that I just said that. Anyway, Max is such a special person, although I haven't spent a great deal of time with him or the new baby, I just feel that he is a stud!

Lacy J. said...

So cute of pictures...Max is awesome! Looks like you are enjoying nice weather in Dallas, I think we will eventually get there.

Katie said...

haha Max is so funny, love the pose! Its funny how kids just really like something, like swords, or lip gloss!