Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Isn't she purdy?



In preparation to sell our 4-Runner, we had it detailed and even got the clay treatment for it. It went from a dull pink to this smokin' hot red. Tyler put it on Craig's list and within an hour four people had called about it (we thought it was because it was so beautiful, but it just may have been because we had grossly underpriced it). Within 2 hours it was sold and Tyler stood with a tear in his eye watching the new owner drive it away. I was a bit sad as well as the combination of crappy Dallas streets and completely shot shocks in the 4-Runner always gave me such enjoyment. She was a good 4-Runner and we will always remember her...

P.S. The next day Tyler had another tear in his eye when he looked on Craig's list and saw our sweet 4-Runner posted on it for an additional 500 dollars. It sold within 12 hours. So here is a little bit of advice for those of you trying to sell something: start high then lower as necessary!

7 comments:

Talea Hollingshead said...

Man...I already knew this story and yet it still makes me made hearing it again! She sure does clean up nice though!

Unknown said...

So True about craigslist. We sold our microfiber sectional on craigslist in the extremely short time of two hours. The next day it was on craigslist again for an additional $50 more. We were grateful to sell it quickly, but thinking we should have asked for more.

Rebecca said...

Hey! I've never heard of that. Sorry about that. You guys have the most interesting stories to tell about living in good ole Texas! You should move back to St. George!

Megan said...

That is really sad. It really does look good. I can't believe they turned around the next day and sold it for more.

Annaca said...

She's a beauty! I like Max's tough guy pose, too. He's such a cute kid!!

Kyle Peterson said...

did you calculate the added value of the catalytic convertor? I hear they go for up to $500 by themselves.

Jonnie P said...

sorry i ripped you off and sold your car for 500 more than i bought it off you for :(
Jon Jon