Thursday, March 27, 2008
Spring Carnival
The place we live had a cute little carnival last Friday. It had blow up toys, an Easter egg hunt, food, balloons, and a young Richard Simmons singing children's songs up on stage. It was fun, especially since Tyler took a break from studying to come with us. He was a good sport and didn't even complain when it turned out to be a bunch of girls from our ward and him.
You can't tell because my face is turned, but I am crying as well. This obstacle course was terrifying, you had to climb over something, then under something, then through something. I'm not sure how we managed it. I'm sure Max will have to be put in therapy as an adult to be able to forgive us for subjecting him to such torture!
There were three Easter egg hunts divided up by ages, 1-3, 4-6, and 7-10. I thought this was a good idea, that way the little kids would have a chance to get some eggs. What I didn't realize was the 1-3 division also included adults 35 and above. Max stood no chance. Chinese dads were running around with pillowcases full of eggs, their kids nowhere in sight. Max ended up with about three eggs. Maybe you can't tell from this picture, but it was a complete stampede to the eggs after the Easter Bunny gave the signal. I'm just glad no kids were hurt. Truly, not what Easter is all about.
We waited in line forever to get Max's arm painted, and of course Max chickened out at the end so Ty had to step in. I'll admit, the lady was a bit scary. Her husband was the balloon guy (and could make absolutely amazing things, by the way) and as he was making a butterfly for Tessa he looked over at his wife with love in his eyes and announced that it was 4:20. She looked back and smiled in an oh-so-happy way. It's those sweet moments that keep you going in life, you know?
This is the last picture you'll see of Ty with long hair. It was nice while it lasted, but it was starting to outgrow mine and I was getting a little jealous. He cut it to save our marriage really.
Tessa just chillin' with her butterfly. Fine, the butterfly was for me, but I felt dumb standing in line with a bunch of little kids to get a balloon for me so I used her as an excuse. All Max wanted was a sword.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
haha, I love it. What cute kids. I love that picture of Max with tears in his eyes, that would scare me too!
And the easter egg hunt? Dumb by the way. These are experiences you'll remember forever. We have lots of traumatizing but fun experiences we still talk about.
Haha...I love that 4:20 story. That is great. Nothing like lasting memories. Things that you can quote for years to come. Send a late Happy Birthday greeting to Tyler. I loved your cake..it looked delicious!
I still think Ty should have resurrected some of his chinese to explain to the Dads just how an Easter Egg hunt works in America. Tessa (and her butterfly) are so blasted cute. She reminds me so much of Max when he was little but just the chocolate version and longer eyelashes. You guys couldn't have made more beautiful kids...
Cass you are hilarious!
Post a Comment