Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tags, but don't worry, I didn't tag you.

I was given instructions in a tag to post some digital scrapbook pages I had done. Those of you experts in scrapbooking (cough cough, Megan) don't laugh at my amateurish layouts. The program I have is photoshop cs3 and it is way too advanced for my teeny tiny brain. I'm hoping this summer Berk will teach me how to take advantage of this great program. He is the expert on it, although he uses it for much loftier things than scrapbooking. Anyway, these are my first two pages I put together digitally.


ABC TAG
A- Attached or single: Depends who's asking. ;) I'm just kidding, Ty.
B- Best Friend: Ty, but when he's not around then Max and Tessa.
C- Cake or Pie: Cake. Of course, I really love anything that is sweet and has a million calories. I'm not picky when it comes to dessert.
D- Day of Choice: Umm. . .it depends on what's going on?
E- Essential Item: My children, I certainly can't leave home without them.
F- Favorite Color: Umm. . .this tag is hard. I like fall colors, and lots of other colors as well. Colors are pretty.
G- Gummi Bears or Worms: Worms...when they are coming out of a dirt dessert.
H- Hometown: Santa Clara, Utah
I -Indulgence: Sleep.
J- January or July: In Texas, definitely January. Tyler learned in physiology that people tolerated being in a 250 degree room better than a 115 degree room with 100% humidity. 250 degrees? Who the heck signed up to be in a study where the scientists are trying to cook them? I could have told them humidity sucks and is way worse than dry desert heat.
K-Kids: Max, Tessa, and Tyler. Tyler is the biggest, and not just physically. Okay, I'm sort of being mean to him now.
L-Life is incomplete without: Oh dear, should I answer this seriously or try to be funny. Perhaps I'll just go on to the next letter.
M- Marriage Date: November 14, 2003. Pretty sure at least.
N- Number of Siblings: 5. Berk, Tanner, Jordan, Maddison, and Lincoln.
O- Oranges or Apples: They are both great as long as they aren't bad. Does that make sense?
P- Phobias or Fears: UFOs/aliens, grasshoppers, and evil things.
Q- Quote(s): Sorry, kind of long. I give all permission to skip this, although you would be missing out.
It may be possible for each of us to think too much of his own potential glory hereafter; it is hardly possible for him to think too often or too deeply about that of his neighbour. The load, or weight, or burden, of my neighbour's glory should be laid daily on my back, a load so heavy that only humility can carry it, and the backs of the proud will be broken. It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you may talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship, or else a horror and corruption such as you now meet if at all only in a nightmare. All day long we are in some degree helping each other to one or the other of these destinations. It is in light of these overwhelming possibilities it is with awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations--these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit--immortal horrors or everlasting splendours. This does not mean that we are to be perpetually solemn. We must play. But our merriment must be of the kind (and it is, in fact, the merriest kind) which exists between people who have, from the outset, taken each other seriously--no flippancy, no superiority, no presumption. And our charity must be real and costly love, with deep feeling for the sins in spite of which we love the sinners--no mere tolerance, or indulgence which parodies love as flippancy parodies merriment. Next to the Blessed Sacrament itself, your neighbor is the holiest object presented to your senses. If he is your Christian neighbour, he is holy in almost the same way, for in him also Christ vere latitat, the glorifier and the glorified, Glory Himself, is truly hidden. --C.S. Lewis
R- Reason To Smile: When funny things happen to me.
S- Season: Winter.
T- Tag: Tyler. I'm really picking on him tonight, aren't I?
U- Unknown Fact About Me: My husband says that I am funny every other week. Sorry, this week might be my off week.
V- Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animal: Umm. . .I eat meat, is that what this question means?
W- Worst Habit: Too many to mention.
X- X-Rays or Ultrasounds: Seriously? Do you have a broken bone or are you having a baby?
Y- Your Favorite Food: I like lettuce wraps from P.F. Chang's.
Z-Zodiac: I think I'm supposed to say I'm a Saggitarious here.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Your pages are so cute! I have the same photo shop and I have the same problem. I have had some friends show me some stuff but their is so much. Good job for scrapbooking!!

Cara said...

I think this was definitely one of your funny weeks.