Sunday, October 7, 2007
Time to call it a day. . .
Funny story: The other day Max and I were out on the walking/running trail at our apartment complex. I heard a runner coming up from behind, so I scooted Max and the stroller to the left side of the trail leaving him plenty of room to pass on the right. Well, this guy (about college student age) decided that he would pass on the left of me. This meant he had to run well off onto the grass. He was running pretty fast and dragging a little wiener dog whose legs were all of about 2 inches long behind him on an extendable leash. The leash was stretched to its maximum limit. He ran past this tree and about 20 feet later his dog came running by, only the dog went on the other side of the tree. Something of a slingshot effect happened with the leash getting wrapped around the tree, the dog flying through the air causing the leash to jerk out of the guy's hand, and the guy falling backwards onto his butt. The dog was okay, but the poor guy was clearly embarrassed. He mumbled something, shortened the leash, and took off at pretty much a dead sprint. He took all of about 3 or 4 steps when suddenly he was flying through the air. He rolled head over heels no less than two times, dragging the already traumatized dog with him. I just can't give it justice with words how incredibly funny the whole situation was... it was hilarious. I managed to keep a straight face while I asked him if he was okay. He told me he was fine although he had twisted his ankle. He said, "I think I might just call it a day and go home." I thought that might be a good idea as well. I feel bad, because it was kind of my fault that he went through all that trauma, but I sure had a good laugh about it once I was out of sight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cass, I laughed so hard at your story. That is hilarious! Hope you guys are doing great!--Aubree
Cass, i'm super excited about your blog, and max really has grown so much since we last saw you guys! i hope all is well. and don't worry about the bees, i'm sure they let them out in the wild to live a long and happy life!!-Annaca
Post a Comment