
We've known about this hornets nest on our deck since the first day we moved into our apartment. For some reason though, I put off calling maintenance to tell them about it for a couple of months. Other than the fact that we didn't dare step onto the deck, they never really bothered us. Although they were right by the door, they never tried to come into our apartment when I opened the sliding door to get the running stroller. And how do I repay this kindness and respect that they've shown me? I call and get pest control to come over and exterminate them then remove their home. The poor hornets didn't do anything wrong, and it's certainly not their fault that they are hornets. Yesterday, after it was all over, I was looking out on the deck feeling guilty about the whole thing when I saw a single hornet fly to where the nest used to be. I wanted to cry. The poor hornet had probably been out gathering food and returned to find his entire family and all of his friends annihiliated. Could I be any worse of a person? Well, I guess at least now we can go onto the deck without fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment