I'm always grateful when Tyler catches up to me in age. The 3 months where I am older than him always make me feel a bit awkward. I offered him a party, but he elected to keep it sweet and simple. Since his birthday present was a trip to China, a breakfast of not-so-great blueberry muffins and strawberries was pretty much all he got (plus a cake, of course). But because I love him so much I woke up at 4:00 AM to take my mom to the airport, a job that usually falls on him (and will continue to fall on him on every other day except his birthday).
Don't hate me for my cake decorating skills. After years of practice you too can achieve this level of expertise.
Yes, he blew out all the candles. If you ask me, he's a bit prideful of the fact that he can blow them out every year. I guess we all have our little vanities.