Tyler went exploring in China for a week, and we were more than estatic to have him come home. The expectation of gifts only added to the kids' excitement. Max and Tessa spent the first two days in their new outfits. Karate kicks, spin kicks, double kicks and jump kicks were in abundance in our little apartment. I'm sure watching the new Karate Kid trailer every day while Tyler was gone helped fuel this enthusiasm.
In the middle of one of her "spin kicks" Tessa yelled out, "I a Princess Karate Girl!"
Yes, Max's shirt is two sizes too small. It's hard to remember how big your kid is when you're half a world away.
This is our "Karate Boy". Don't call him a "Karate Kid", that just doesn't fly.And for the wife who did a wonderful job taking care of the children while Tyler was away:
*A beautiful leather-bound journal.
*Silk pajamas with embroidered flowers that are absolutely appropriate for an eighty year old lying in her death bed. Of course, they fit perfectly and are super comfy so kudos to Tyler for that. And yes, I will wear them before I'm eighty. In fact, next time Tyler is in China I think I'll have him pick me up a sweater-vest with sequined cats.
*Some paddles and featherballs (there's an actual name that I will never remember) that were all the rave with the Chinese octogenarians. Maybe he thought a week on my own with the kids would age me at an incredible rate so he decided to go with the twilight of life theme.
A P.S. for Tyler: Don't get all mad about this. I'm totally joking about the pajamas and paddles. You know I love them...especially the paddles. They are really great for the neck and back (picture me patting my back a couple of times). No, I'm not being sarcastic right now. Really, I think they are so fun. Next time we go play I'm sure we'll break our record of 44, and all the while I'll be strengthening the muscles in my neck!