Thursday, October 1, 2009

Max turned 4...

...a month and a half ago. It's catch-up time! Here is his birthday in pictures:

Before we returned to Texas we threw Max a party. For the past two years he's been jipped, because we are always in the transition of returning to Texas when his birthday arrives. He deserved something this year!

His birthday party had no theme, there were no invitations, just a swimming pool, some hamburgers, an airplane pinata, and a football cake. However, Sadie said his birthday was way fun, so I guess it could be considered a success. His sign was pretty cute, although by the time we finished his party was halfway over.
Max was not so excited about people singing Happy Birthday to him when it wasn't really his birthday. It took him about 1/4 of a second to crumple down to this pose and start bawling after the singing begun. Luckily we had friends and cousins to blow out the candles, because that was a bit too traumatic for him.
However, he had absolutely no issues with opening presents on a day other than his birthday.
Let's move to his real birthday. No friends party on this day, it's just too hard for me to plan something after returning to Texas three days before. He was still pretty excited though, and after hanging up his Happy Birthday sign he decided he wanted to decorate the house a little more for his birthday. Here is what he came up with. Next year I'll just leave the decorations all up to him.
We had a little dance in honor of this special day.
We ate pizza from two pizza joints. Supreme from Rocco's and pepperoni from Piggie Pie's. That was Tyler's doing.

No problems being sung to on his REAL birthday. Just one happy little kid.
Definitely a cake wreck! Not only did it look disgusting, but it tasted that way as well. Luckily, my children aren't picky when it comes to junk food (healthy food is another story).
Yes, I let Max dig in the cake like he was turning one. I knew we wouldn't be eating this one again.

Again, no problems opening presents. Max likes to get things. I swear, he gets excited when I buy him new socks and underwear. Happy Birthday, Max!


No comments: