We janky-legged our way down the Narrows with the Kayne's and their friend, Jess. I can't believe I've never done this hike before, it was amazing. (The very long and winding dirt road to the start of the Narrows that caused me to lose my breakfast was not so amazing.) Joey was lots of fun and kept us entertained through the somewhat long hike. It's much faster to go down the raging river than walk on the nice trail, you can really cruise when you lose your footing and get swept along by the current. Just ask him.
The before picture. Trust me when I say you don't want to see the after picture. Notice the high tech robotic boots and socks on Becky, Joey, and Jess. Ty and I were cheap and used our regular shoes with some quick drying socks...as if there was ever a time for them to quickly dry. They worked fine (I can say that now that my giant sand-filled blisters are finally healed). About 100 feet from here Tyler carried me across the river. It was freezing and I didn't want to get wet. The people behind us got a good laugh about that.
King of the mountain. It always makes sense to risk your neck--or ankle-- climbing up slippery, moss-covered waterfalls while back-country hiking.
Sup?

1 comment:
i guess i forgot to post this.... but we are so jealous that you guys hiked the narrows. pete's done it a few times but i really wanna do it! what did they think of those boot things?? we saw them the last time we were at zion's and wondered if they were more awkward than helpful.
Post a Comment