Thursday, October 1, 2009

Max

A little late, but here are a few things I want to remember about my 4 year old Max:
*He is the sweetest big brother ever. I can count on one hand the times that he has done anything remotely considered mean to Tessa. When Max goes to preschool Tessa will wander around the apartment calling out "Max...Max...Max". It is such a happy thing to pick him up.
*He loves preschool, and it has really helped him start to come out of his shell.
*He's beginning to read on his own!
*His new idol is Calvin, and loves to read Calvin and Hobbes with Tyler.
*Loves, loves, loves his "So Soft".
*He's a thoughtful little kid and, for the most part, listens to what Ty and I have to say.
*He plays well with just about any kid he comes in contact with. He can get along with anyone, kind of like his dad.
*I could go on, but I'll end the list with one last one. Max is a little "WARRIOR" (no, not in the super-senior go SCHS forever my kid is going to grow up and attend our high school and play sports and wear Ty's number sort of way). He LOVES to fight and to imagine himself as a super-hero who saves the world. I've given up on my peaceful and pacifist views and Max now owns four light sabers, countless swords (in addition to the daily sticks he finds and uses as weapons), a slingshot, a bow and arrow, a few rubberband guns, and a couple of rockets that he uses as missiles. Of course every other toy also can turn into a weapon as well. Right now he is explaining to me how his umbrella is his best weapon and has figured out a way to launch a Russian nesting doll off the umbrella at the monsters. The day I sign him up for karate will be one of the happiest days of his life, most likely surpassing his marriage to a beautiful girl and the birth of his children.

Here's a picture of Max on a typical day. Notice the "warrior hat" that he designed by himself. Right before I took this picture he turned to me and said, "Mom, I'm a real warrior!" Then he let his arrow fly across the room where it hit the clock on the wall dead center.

1 comment:

Sammy said...

I agree Max can get along with anyone. I think Ashton wishes he were his big brother too!