Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bowling: a chance to showcase my athletic ability!

On an impulse, we decided to take the kids bowling. Max has a fascination with knocking things down and we thought he might enjoy it. Max loved it, Tyler had fun, Tessa liked the action, and I proved that I truly am an awkward geek forever and ever.


Tyler showed him the little hand dryers and Max would sit and dry his hands right before his turn. He was very serious about it.


Max and his bowling ball. I realize toward the end that my bowling ball was the same weight as his. I thought it felt heavy, but I must be growing weak in my old age.


A real mother would not put her baby girl in blue clothes without first placing a beautiful bow on her head. I could say I'm just letting Tessa's true beauty shine through, but mostly I'm just lazy.


What can I say? Yes, I did try! And since I've already embarrassed myself I may as well add that this was my good game. The next game I bowled 4 rounds (or whatever they are) and my score was 3. No, I did not forget to put a number after the 3, it was just 3. The word "pathetic" comes to my mind. The last three rounds I borrowed Tyler's ball and got a couple of spares to redeem myself, so I ended on a somewhat good note with a very bad score. Too bad the evil people who gathered behind me to watch my humiliation didn't see that, they left when I started letting Max bowl for me. I would have thrown my too light bowling ball at them, but obviously my aim is not very good.

4 comments:

Katie said...

hahahaha, oh Cass, it's always a joy to read your posts. I totally stink at bowling too... whenever we go, I find a way for Lydi to bowl for me because she's a ton better!

Savanna said...

Oh don't feel too bad. One time my final score was 17!! Now that is embarrasing . :)

Talea Hollingshead said...

Cass you make me laugh! I love the way you word things. As for Tessa needing a big bow in her hair when wearing blue...how could anyone mistake that gorgeous face with those long eyelashes as a boy? She is baby sweet through and through! As for your bowling score...let's just say we will be having you practice on the Wii the next time you guys come home! :)

Cara said...

Ha ha, I love it! I don't believe anyone that can run an ultra marathon is totally un-athletic! My husband actually owns his own bowling ball and was on a league with his grandpa in high school-- needless to say, he pretty much triples my score every time we bowl!