Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween





I really was not in the Halloween spirit this year. We had missed our ward's trunk-or-treat on Saturday, and I was still a little sad about it. I didn't feel like trick-or-treating, plus someone had told us that people might be putting cheese in candy and giving it out (not the dairy product, the really really bad drug mixture). Tyler talked me into taking Max out though, and it turned out to be pretty fun. We went to the millionaire area of Dallas and there were a ton of little kids out, even after dark. It was definitely different than what I was used to in Utah though. Most parents out with their kids were either carrying a bottle of beer or a wine glass. Some of the parents were definitely intoxicated, and their kids were probably taking care of them rather than the other way around. I was very entertained hearing the very drunk and very rich people talk. Parents here get to have fun on Halloween too, I guess! The Halloween decorations were pretty sweet. If these people get into Christmas like they do Halloween it will be way fun to drive through the neighborhood looking at lights. Don't worry, I inspected the candy very thoroughly. Tyler and I have been the ones eating it all anyway. Not even one trick-or-treater came to our apartment. I had bought a huge Costco bag of candy for the trunk-or-treat that we didn't attend, so we have enough sugar to last us through the year, at least.

4 comments:

Annaca said...

You guys have the cutes little lion ever! As for an answer to your question: I intended to dress up as queen amidala (spelling?), but I actually never got around to getting the costume. It's all about good intentions right? Plus, is it bad that I'm not totally looking forward to Christmas? I feel kind of bad about that, but not bad enough to change my outlook. I don't know, I guess it's just a lot of work. You're probalby having a hard time waiting for Christmas! Of course, you do have quite a lot to look forward to!! Have a happy day!

Megan said...

looks like your Halloween turned out pretty fun. I love Halloween. Max looks so cute as a little lion.

tiffany and darren said...

I just have to say thanks for the entertaining blog. My day at work consisted of looking at it and laughing out loud with co-workers checking in time to time to see pictures. Ours isn't nearly as cute, but you can check it out anyway, tiffanydarren.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey Guys, I didn't know you were in Dallas, that's only a couple hours away from where we are in Oklahoma. I can't believe how big Max is already, I only saw him once when he was already almost 1. Anyway, I hope you guys are having as much fun in Texas as we are in Oklahoma. :) -Annie (Steve's Li'l Sis morgannie.blogspot.com