Tyler is legit now! Because I'm not really a mushy person I will just keep in my heart the feelings I have of what a wonderful job he did, and I may as well leave out the beautiful juggling analogy as well. But I will say that I think Tyler is amazing!

Here Tyler is posing to the "official" photographer in the front who was taking pictures with a puny point and shoot camera, flash and all. Seriously, Baylor is pretty cheap, but I think they could have hired a real photographer. (This picture was taken by a friend's brother who is a real photographer and just sent a link to the pictures...free.)

So regal...I liked how different professors would stand up for different students as their names were called. The Pedo faculty stood up for the three students going into Baylor Pedo (Tyler is one of them if you missed that post). I thought that was a sweet gesture to acknowledge them and welcome them to the fold.

Getting hooded...not sure if that's the right way to say it. Maybe I should say: Here is Tyler, receiving his hood. Or: The moment in which the hood was bestowed upon Tyler. Take your pick.

Tyler receiving the 5th Academic Honor award (for graduating 5th...go figure). This isn't an award normally given out (usually just the top 4 get one), but this year there was some controversy because the #1 ranked guy split his first year into two years. This makes it easier to get better grades, and is a route normally only taken by people who...struggle...so this had never happened before. Anyway, a bunch of Tyler's classmates were talking about it before graduation and how the 5 year student shouldn't have been ranked with everyone else, which would have bumped everyone up a slot. Tyler told them how he was 5th, and everyone joked about how he was cheated out of an award (which Tyler could care less about, because he is so opposite of me in competitiveness). Last minute though, the school decided that they should hand out the 5th Academic Honor to make it fair. Tyler had a quick panic attack, because even though he had been ranked 5th after 3rd year, he wasn't sure if he had stayed that way for the final rankings. When they called his name he was way more grateful that he didn't look like a fool after already telling everyone he was 5th, than actually getting an award.
Ty and his sole supporter (at graduation). I didn't dare take the kids, because I thought if they were misbehaving and I took them out there would be no one there to see him graduate. He got some decent cheers though, thanks to Jacobsen family. I may owe them money for it though...not sure...
P.S. The last time Tyler and I were at the Myerson center it was to listen to Itzhak Perlman. Sometimes I LOVE living in a big city.
P.P.S. I shouldn't end a post about Tyler's graduation talking about Itzhak Perlman, as great as he is. So I'll end it by pointing out how handsome Tyler looks in lavender, the color of dentistry!
2 comments:
Congrats to Tyler, or should I say Dr. Torres! What an accomplishment! (You look beautiful in that picture, by the way)
So sad that we couldn't be at the big event...We love you Tyler and will refer to you as Dr. Torres from now on...except we keep forgetting to...and 5th in your class..but really 4th...all I can say is great job!
Post a Comment