skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Cello, cello, cello

May 15th was the big SMID String Concert. Max is doing so well, and he loved playing in the concert. Afterwards he said, "Mommmy, I LOVE to play my cello in concerts!" (As opposed to practicing his cello, which he usually doesn't seem to love as much.) It was wonderful to see him up there, the smallest by far, so confident and happy. Honestly, this year cello hasn't been that easy for either of us. I really tried, but practicing was rarely ideal. It felt like Tyler was gone all the time, Tessa would whine and want to play cello, Ella would cry (we can't practice during Ella's nap because it wakes her up), and Max would refuse to try. I would have to hold Ella while Tessa was climbing over me, all the while trying to get Max's left elbow up, his right elbow down, his bowhold right, his cello tilted just so, etc., etc.. There were more days than I like to admit when all four of us would be crying by the end. Anyway, this year has felt like a battle at times, so I loved that he loved the concert.
2 comments:
Yep I remember those lovely days of practicing with you...they were not always very fun or productive...but it is worth it when you finally practiced because you want to... which for you started pretty early on. Also I loved it when you would be having a bad day and go in your room and play your heart out on your violin.
This post makes me miss your fiddling I would make you do for me at weber! Haha. CoNgRaTs to Tyler and you on graduation!!! What a huge accomplishment!
Post a Comment