Saturday
An Easter egg hunt and picnic at the park:

For some unexplained reason I have a strong preference towards Easter baskets without the handle, so Tessa was forced to use a gift bag.
Max had a school Easter party on Thursday, and I sent him with a bag to put his eggs in. His sweet teacher felt sorry for him and gave him this bucket to use and keep instead.

Oh how sweet and matchy-matchy.

Tessa has a whopping two eggs in her special Easter bag. Max had maybe seven. (He would have had more, but I took four out of his bag and threw them on the ground to have Tessa pick up since I felt so bad for her. As I was pointing out these eggs to Tessa another parent ran over with his kid and had him pick them up. I got a good laugh out of that.) My kids were happy with their eggs, and I hate plastic eggs anyway, so it was all good.
I have a very difficult time getting a good picture of the three of them. This day was no exception.
Later that day we met up with the Morris family at a different park. Max, Logan, and Declan rode their bikes while Tessa took off on her wiggle car. Then we made a last minute stop at a bike shop to buy Max a bigger bike that we planned on giving him for Easter. We drove over to Snuffers and Logan and Declan ate a raw hamburger (which of course was noticed after nearly all of it was consumed...but they're still alive so all is well) and everyone else had a delicious meal. By the time we got home it was past 10, but Tyler still had to run to Wal-Mart to get scooter for Tessa for her Easter. But then he got home and we both told each other how it felt like a bike and scooter was way too much for Easter. So we decided against the bike/scooter and put together their very simple (and normal) Easter baskets.
Side note: Max really does need a bigger bike so we kept it, and Tessa is getting her scooter as well. We're just using them now as enormous bribes because we are good parents like that.

No comments:
Post a Comment