During the first summer of dental school we drove the 21 or so hours from Dallas to Utah. After that I informed Tyler that we would be flying from then on. Well, the pain of that drive faded and I got it in my head that it was a good idea to save a few bucks and drive instead of fly home for Christmas. Now that my memory is refreshed, we will once again be flying to Utah whenever we visit.
We split the drive into two days, stopping in the "original Las Vegas" to stay at Tim and Tara's cute little house. The last 20 or so minutes before we arrived were a little tricky as we hit a big snowstorm, and we saw a handful of cars off the road as we left the next day, but we were safe, and the snow was surely beautiful. I love, love, love a good snowstorm.
Regs, the bear dog.
Love the little cloth mittens that attract the snow. I think they actually make your hands colder.
Las Vegas, New Mexico was a winter wonderland...cholo style
P.S. The drive back to Dallas was much better. We split it up into two parts again, but we drove through the night this time so the kids could sleep. It made the drive seem a lot faster, especially the second night since Tyler drove for 6 hours straight while I slept. I love Tyler always, but there are times when I REALLY love him...that was one of them.
1 comment:
So I must admit...your blog is marked as a favorite so I can check it a few times a week. What can I say? It is usually one of the highlights of my day! This post was hilarious! Once again, you need to write a novel, or ten, or thirty! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment