
This was supposed to be the year of the Northpark Santa, but I really just didn't have it in me to wait in line to get a number to wait in line, or some such process. I'll just have to cross my fingers that Tyler gets into the Pediatric program at Baylor so my kids can have their picture taken with the famous Santa at least once. This year I barely made it out the door even with the help of my parents. And of course I was worried about holding up the line, so the quick pictures I snapped off turned out not-so-great, and I had to spend a bajillion dollars and buy theirs. (Worrying too much about pleasing others and spending too much money happen to be two of my weaknesses. Which is why a few months ago Tyler came home to see a door-to-door salesman filling my freezer completely full of expensive meats I had just bought. And this was when I was seriously considering going vegetarian.) Anyway, my parents pointed out that in 50 years I would be so happy that I spent that money and got these sweet pictures. No need to wait 50 years, I think I already am. Ella was quite a hit in her little Santa outfit as we walked around the mall, which we did a lot of since we conveniently arrived just as Santa was "feeding the reindeer" for an hour. Oh, and Max told Santa that he's doesn't really care what he gets for Christmas. "I don't know, just whatever."
P.S. Santa even gave me a hug after I bought the extra pictures. He said something along the lines of how my kids are beautiful and photogenic, and how in his years as Santa he has seen some pretty awful pictures of kids. Then he made a face of a terrified, screaming child. It was pretty funny.
P.P.S. The first thing Tyler commented on when he saw the pictures was how messed up Santa's teeth were. He's such a nerdy dentist.


4 comments:
Haha! That's funny, the teeth is the first thing I noticed too. But it didn't take long to notice your absolutely adorable children. Darling pictures!
I think I bought meat from that same guy.
These are SO cute!! Your kids really are so adorable. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!
I 2nd Tyler! ha ha
and if you think ella is bald (or those nurses anyhow)- you should see crew! B-A-L-D
Post a Comment