Yes, the frosting is pink and last year Max had 3 candles on his 2 year birthday cake. I like to mess things up a bit each year, just to keep things exciting.
I can't believe that Max is so old. This is totally cliche, but I feel like he's growing up way too fast. I have been having strange anxiety attacks about it lately. I certainly love watching him grow up, but at the same time I feel like I just have to remember him like this forever. This is a stressful feeling since I have a notoriously bad memory. For my sake, I'm going to write down a few of the things he is doing right now. He loves Star Wars and his favorite scene to reenact is the one where Darth Vader cuts of Luke Skywalkers hand. He has an imaginary friend named Sam who rides on the back of his bike, goes to the store with us, and even has to have his own spaceship with toys to play with when they are "flying into space for a long long long time." Oh, and he can swim! We once again got jipped out of a big party, but we had a sweet little day for him and he was pretty excited about his birthday. He even got a Plasma Car like Mia and Ben. He is missing a driveway to ride on, but we make do in the parking lot. Anyway, here are a few of the cute things he's said recently (yeah, this is for you Mom).
He's not really into going to bed, and tries to do anything he can to stay up. The other day he was trying to keep me from making him go to sleep by telling me stories.
Max: "I have lots and lots of stories to tell you, Mommy."
Me: "Okay, tell me one."
Max: "A long long time ago me and Daddy and you and Tessa decided to go watch a show on the couch."
Me: "Is that the end of your story?"
Max: "Yes, I have lots and lots of stories to tell you, Mommy. A long long time ago me and Daddy and you and Tessa went into space. . ."
(This story was much longer and morphed into Luke getting his hand cut off. He even threw in light saber sound effects.)
Max (pointing at the barbeque): "What do we make in there?"
Tyler: "Hamburgers, chicken, steak, hotdogs."
Max: "Where do we get the hotdogs?"
Tyler: "From Pigs. Piggies give them to us."
Max (looking confused): "Why do dogs don’t?"
10 comments:
Happy Birthday Max!!
Cass, I loved this post! Max is totally hilarious, and I love that his favorite part is when the hand is cut off. I wish I could hear him tell a story... I'm sure it's much better coming from him.
I like you have been having anxiety attacks that the kids are growing up so fast. I wish I had a remote to pause them for a while. They're so much fun... I hate that every day they get older. The fact that one day they're going to get married and leave makes me nauseous... ok, now I'm getting ahead of myself.
I love your posts! You crack me up! Max is so cute!
Happy Birthday max max. So what if i didn't call on your birthday. Kim and I have been busy tending her cousins all since last friday so that took us from one kid to four kids instantly and since i'm really good at making excuses, thats the one i'm using. Kashlynn says happy birthday too, but it came out more like deedlee deedle deedle, ooohhhh.
-Steve
Oh man, these little stories make me miss smash so bad! I can actually here him in my ear saying "Why don't dogs do!" Such a sweet little kid. Can't believe he is three. Seems like just yesterday he was laying on my floor with a wild hairdo moving his arms and legs around none stop. AAAAhhhh....I miss you guys! (sniff)
What a big boy! Happy birthday, Dude!!
Next time you guys are in town, i will make sure that max gets a chance to go for a ride in a real red plane.
Cassidee AHH I can't believe that hes back on the waitlist after he was first. That sucks but hopefully he'll get back in.
And yes Maggie actually listens to her soccer coach, I mean he calls them Monkeys, the balls are coconuts and the goal is the monkey house. And really they don't play soccer just do fun drills. Its so fun to see.
She just started preschool and loves it. So heres hoping Max gets in.
p.s. I heard you guys decided not to buy??!! Probably a good time not to, plus it was kind of far!
Max really is a sweetheart. What I like most about him is his sweet little voice and what a mini gentleman he is. And he's patient with Anna while she tries to kiss him, chase him, yell, etc. Bless his heart.
I need to invite you to my blog. Nothing fabulous at all and I only update like once a month, but I'll send you an invite.
Post a Comment