Thursday, May 29, 2008
Goodbye Dallas :(
It is well past time for me to put up another post. I can't find my camera to post any new pictures, but hopefully soon I'll have some of the reunion and the ultra. There has been a lot going on the past few weeks. We packed up all our stuff, drove 21 hours straight to get to St. George, I ran/walked an ultra-marathon, went to family reunion where I slept the entire time trying to recover from the ultra and Tyler got robbed out of the golden horseshoes. Side note: His first words upon seeing me after the ultra did not express concern over how I was feeling or offer congratulations on my great accomplishment. No, he immediately went into a lengthy story about the horseshoe tournament and all the injustices that occurred to him and his uncle Dave. End side note. I miss Dallas, but it is nice to be home, and very nice to have so many willing babysitters at hand (I'm taking advantage now because I'm sure this won't last all summer). Anyway, goodbye to Dallas! It was a little harder leaving knowing that when we go back to school we will be clear in the snot out in ________ instead of Dallas. I really get torn up about it at times. Oh, and the other day a little salt was rubbed in my wounds when the preschool that I wanted to get Max into (I woke up at 4:30 AM to stand in a line at some church to even get Max onto the waiting list) called to say there was an opening and see if I wanted the spot. I hated to decline, but I felt a little better knowing that Max's little friend was next on the list. Well, this has become a long and officially boring post so I'll end things here. Here's a picture of Max at one of the parks in Dallas that I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We are just as excited as you are to finally have you all home. Can't wait to see the pics of the ultra! Oh and you know the part where you said the willing babysitters wont last all summer? WRONG!! At least for me personally, I know that you will all be gone all too soon and returning who knows when so I will take any chance I can to get my hands on those little gremlins.
we're gonna miss you guys livin out in the middle of__________. Have fun in UT this summer.
We will miss you guys. Really you don't have to move so far away when you get back right?
I got the call from the pre-school the other day and I was a little sad that Max won't be there with Maggie , thanks for waiting with me that morning, good times.
Enjoy St. George
I can't believe you guys are gone... I had full intentions of getting Max and LC together, you know those summer romances! Hope you have fun with all the fam in St. George.
Maybe we'll see you now that you're in St. George. If you're interested in a book club group while you're here, just let me know.
Dallas.....you guys leave as I come. go fig. Oh well, hopefully we can get together toward the end of the summer. When will you get back to Dallas?
Post a Comment