Coming back to Texas was much harder this year. We are all trying to adjust to living in a apartment that is about six times smaller than my parents' house. Max and Tessa don't know quite how to handle it and are literally bouncing off the walls here. I pity the poor people who moved below us while we were gone...but not as much as they pity themselves! The kids are also missing constant family and friends. I will readily admit that I am not nearly as much fun as Maddi and Lincoln.
Tyler is back in school during the week and working in Waxahachie on Saturdays. It has been a sad adjustment not seeing him as much. He is working on patients now, and not loving trying to figure out how the crazy Baylor system works. One happy spot in coming back to Texas was getting Tyler's board scores. He was pretty sure he would be retaking them but instead he did pretty great. He calls it a "miracle". Maybe, but I don't think he gives himself enough credit.
This transition has been really hard on me. I'm missing the dry heat of Utah, and can't get used to the humidity. Every time I run I lose about half my weight in sweat and it is uncomfortable, embarrasing, and just plain gross. My longest training runs for the marathon started as soon as we got back to Texas. And since Tyler has to leave every weekday by 7:30 and every Saturday by 7:00 I am finding it pretty hard to get my runs in. Last Saturday I waited until it was light enough that there was a good chance I wouldn't be killed then went out and ran 5 miles as fast as I could so I could get home and Tyler could get to work on time. I got the kids fed and ready for the day and ran 5 miserable miles pushing them in the stroller. Then I dropped them off at a friend's house (thank goodness for Beth!) and finished my last 10 miles. Of course by the time I finished it was nearing noon and just a tad hot. Not the greatest 20 miles I've ever done! Definitely not something I'm looking forward to repeating two more times. (On that Saturday everyone back in Utah did their 20 miles together and then had a huge, delicious breakfast and pool party at my parents' house. That was a bit of salt on my wound!)
So we are here, and hoping things will start to get better. Usually we're pretty happy with Texas, but right now we all would rather be back in Utah.
6 comments:
Ugh. I feel your pain. The 20 miler followed by breakfast and pool party almost makes me cry. That is the best running group in the world and I miss them.
PS I love dry heat too.
Cooooome baaaaack....
I am sure you are missing Utah as much as we are missing you. Mason still can't get through his head that Max is so far away. "But I want him to come and have a sleepover Mom!" Miss you guys!
Cassidee you are CRAZY to run 20 miles in texas heat! Holy cow you go girl.
Sorry you are missing Utah. I can't say I don't blame you. I don't miss Texas just the friends I made there.:)
oh keep it up, you are my idol! Some day I am going to run those first five miles and pretty much pass out with enthusiasm for myself!
ps. feel free to drop off your kids over here anytime... LC would love some friends!
Maybe Tyler should commute from Utah? Haha. We miss you guys, and Lydia is very very sad she missed Max's birthday. Maybe next year.
Post a Comment