Next: A neighborhood parade complete with a Runaway Princess (it was actually Runway but every single person read it wrong) and a unicycle. I think by 10 we were in the triple digits with just enough humidity to make it quite miserable.
Where did Tessa get that great skirt? Well, since you asked, I will humbly tell you that I sewed it all by myself. With the help of some sewing-for-dummies instructions.lMove on to: A drive up to Allen to meet friends for a delicious barbeque and a swim in the world's largest above-ground pool.

Um, this is a pirated picture off of Bree's blog. Sorry Bree.And then: After arriving home completely exhausted we decided to keep on going and meet some friends in Grand Prairie for horse races and fireworks. However, not knowing where we were going we followed the mass of cars and found ourselves directed by an unfriendly police officer into a parking lot far away from our races. Since we were late anyway, we just climbed to the top of a little hill and waited around for the fireworks. Here are some not-so-great pictures of this portion of our night. Somewhere I read instructions on how to take pictures of fireworks. I think it involved a tripod, which I didn't bring. It was a pretty good show though. I appreciated that they didn't try to make it long by shooting off single fireworks followed by long pauses. Maybe that is just a St. George specialty.




The grand finale of the 4th: 1 hour sitting in our car in the parking lot as we waited along with 10,000 other cars to turn onto a single road. Then another 30 minutes tying to get off that single road. Then a quick 20 minutes or so home. All things considered, it was a very happy 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment