*It was an incredibly hilly marathon. Of course I had assumed that because it was in Texas it would be pretty much flat and didn't train for hills at all. The steady uphill from 12-20 was definitely not cool. The STEEP hills around 23 and 24 actually brought tears to my eyes.
*It was freezing cold and windy. I swear the wind always managed to blow against me.
*I figured worse case scenario I would just try finish under 4 hours, my time was 4:00.02 or something sweet like that.
*It made me miss the St. George marathon which is a much easier and prettier course.
*I LOVE my little family, and it was the greatest thing to see them at the end. And I was so grateful that Catherine, Matt, and Dan pulled through and ran it as well. There were about 20 people I knew who were going to be running this race, and we ended up with four actually doing it. Another reason why the St. George Marathon is so cool is that there are always so many people I know that are running it. It makes it a lot more fun!
Here I am almost at the finish line looking at my watch and realizing that I was cutting it pretty close if I wanted to finish under 4 hours. I then attempted to sprint to the end. Obviously I didn't accomplish my goal and looked like a total nerd in the process.
Not much of a sprint, huh?
About 30 seconds after this picture is taken I nearly collapsed in a shivering fit. It was absolutely freezing! Max is completely numb from the cold (and possibly the flu that he was diagnosed with later that night at the doctor's office) and poor Tessa doesn't even have a coat on (I'll point my finger right at Ty for that one).
4 comments:
You rule, Cass! I wish you lived here so we could run together, or so I could kill myself trying to keep up with you. You really should do the St. George this year! You would kill it :)
Didn't realize that I said "kill" twice. I'm always so cool.
wow, Cass, you are amazing!!! Way to go!
Honestly...you are AMAZING! I would have died!
Post a Comment