Friday, July 1, 2011

How to make me feel uncomfortable

Let's say I've met you once, at a crowded Baylor Pediatric dinner where I probably caught about half of what you said because it was super loud (perhaps due to a certain Pediatric resident who is a *little* too happy to be there). You have three kids around the same age as ours, and your husband is classmates with Tyler, so we invite you over. You mention how you need a little girl time and suggest shopping, coffee, or painting each others' toenails. I tell you that shopping sounds great for me. Well, if you wanted to find a way to make me absolutely cringe in my soul all you would need to do is send me this text:

"Hey girl! Would u like us to come closer to 9 30 [AM] so the guys can get to the gym? Also would u like me to bring my toenail polish <;)>?"

Yep, that would do it. You could expect me to be so flabbergasted that I won't be able to respond for 7 hours. Yikes!

*Oh, I know I'm so rude, and for some people painting a near-stranger's toenails is just fine, but it goes against everything that is in my personality. Really though, she is a lovely person and I had a great time...shopping!*




4 comments:

Cara said...

It doesn't even take that much to make me uncomfortable... just try to hug me if you're not part of my immediate family and it will get awkward really quick! I love this post, I was laughing out loud!

Sammy said...

Oh Cass I miss you! Too funny. Now I know why you take so long to respond to texts.... kidding. I hope!

Maddi said...

hahahahah this was hilarious sis. I know exactly what you mean though. I feel the same way!

Emily Malinka said...

that is sick! I would ask to be excused from the present festivities of "painting" and go to the gym with the husbands!